On work life balance..
Why is it that we are choosing to become workaholics ?
Is it so difficult to balance homelife and work ?
Its becoming alarmingly the reason for physical burnout and family dissensions.
Where is the intelligent self which usually is good at adding 2 plus 2..
Have been hearing, facing and meeting people who have been affected by this so called lack of work-life balance..
Its disturbing to see the effects of this aspect.
Where are we going from here ??
Work-life balance: Ways to restore harmony and reduce stress
If your work life and personal life are out of balance, your stress may be running high. Here’s how to reclaim control.
Finding work-life balance in today’s frenetically paced world is no simple task.
Spend more time at work than at home, and you miss out on a rewarding personal life. Then again, when you face challenges in your personal life, such as caring for an aging parent or coping with marital problems, concentrating on your job can be difficult.
Whether the problem is too much focus on work or too little, when your work life and your personal life feel out of balance, stress — along with its harmful effects — is the result.
The good news is that you can take control of your work-life balance — and give yourself the time to do the things that are most important to you. The first step is to recognize how the world of work has changed. Then you can evaluate your relationship to work and apply some specific strategies for striking a healthier balance.
How work invades your personal life
There was a time when employees showed up for work Monday through Friday and worked eight- to nine-hour days. The boundaries between work and home were fairly clear then. But the world has changed and, unfortunately, the boundaries have blurred for many workers. Here’s why : Read More
On Dark Knight
Well, I must say after the great feedback.. I really had some gala expectations.. but then well it really sucked..
- I must say that the joker part was overdone.. it was like a modern day thriller flick..
- The essence of Batman was diminished.. to certain extent.
- It was wierd to see Batman talk in an abnormally husky way.. ( Rocky staunchly maintains that it is a part of his disguise. )
- From my comic knowledge, Batman never loved Harvey Dent’s girlfriend.. Correct me if I am wrong..
- Joker did not have his face cut up and went on and on about asking people and then telling his victims how his face got cut and all that crap.
- He is a villain with immaculate make up of a Joker to enhance the character and a villanious mind used via humor.. what a combo.. !! Nothing of that sort came forward in the movie..
- The costume underwent a change..
Also, after watching Batman Returns the other day, I was all the more certain they had done something horrible with the new movie.
The old movie had all the plot of making the movie watchable again and again.. it had everything. Even the costume was an original.. with the yellow belt and the logo.
Either I am old fashioned or I have to rethink my way of looking at comics made into movies..
I can understand manipulating a book.. where words could be interpreted and played upon the way the director sees fit. But a comic book is visuall.. how can one go wrong… ???
Well I should not be surprised.. If Sholay and DON were so badly remade… why not Batman… hahahah !!!
Ola Google… !!! its a pleasure seeing this minimalistic explorer..
If you already havent, and you like minimalistic browsing.. do check out google chrome… It rocks..